New Home Design
Garry Bentham is an artist and designer who can transform your vacant building lot into a home and garden that is as unique as you are.
- This waterfront home with dramatic Cape Cod exterior features main level living with massive art studio over 4 car garage plus tons of parking
- Use of steep-pitched roofing creates major vaulting on the inside
- Steep-pitched, engineered vaulting on the inside provides larger windows to enjoy the view of the ocean and Lasqueti Island
- Over-sized island with 4' skylight illuminates this fabulous kitchen with an abundance of custom-designed cabinets
- The open floor plan paved the way for the creation of an over-sized dining room to accommodate the clients' large dining table and china cabinet
- Would you believe this 1500 sq.ft. home is built on a lot of only 3500 sq.ft.? Creative interpretation of the BC Building Code, using closed soffits and sprinkler system, permitted a wider building envelope and the creation of a unique floor plan design
- The coffered ceiling with dramatic lighting is a beautiful addition to the main living area
- Direct access to the outdoor living compliments the open kitchen/dining/living room experience
- The custom-designed 7' high windows and extra-large glass doors provide lots of light and blend interior living with the outdoor experience
- There is abundant outdoor living in this compact rear yard featuring dramatic landscaping for private, outside living
- This 2300 sq.ft. rancher situated on 20 acres is unique with its organic timber frame entry and extra wide walkways
- An extra-large covered patio provides year-round outdoor living in a dramatic setting
- The over-sized interior rooms were custom-designed with the client’s large furniture and grand piano in mind. The 10’ coffered ceiling in the living room was a special request in order that the family tradition of an over-sized Christmas tree can continue.
- This 2000 sqft rancher was designed to current sea level rise flood control regulations
- This custom-designed home with master bedroom on the main floor features vaulted ceilings and large dormer over the garage which accommodates two bedrooms plus a family room on the second floor
- The creative use of dormers and covered 10' verandas on both sides add space to this barrier-free home
- Although restricted by a narrow lot, the creative floor plan design resulted in a spacious, two floor home.
- The small building envelope on this steep-bank waterfront lot provided the opportunity for a custom-designed, two level home of 2400 sq.ft. with large covered deck on the main floor and a large open patio on the lower level
Your master plan might include a legal suite, a separate cottage/studio or a detached garage with workshop. Garry sees these as opportunities to be creative, without compromising the integrity of your project. He has designed everything from little cottages to 6000 square feet waterfront estates.
Garry’s survey experience allows him to take his own preliminary grades in order that the design of the home will work with all elevations on the lot. This ensures he is maximizing the space allotted while staying within budget.
Garry has worked in all aspects of the construction industry including construction estimating; he knows what the costs of all trades should be and will design within your budget.
Re-sale value is important; Garry has over 30 years of experience selling real estate, thus ensuring that your design will meet the needs of future buyers.