Garry Bentham is an artist and designer who can transform your vacant building lot into a home and garden that is as unique as you are.
- Home with dramatic Cape Cod exterior features main level living with massive art studio over 4 car garage
- Use of steep-pitched roof creates major vaulting on the inside
- Vaulting on the inside provides larger windows to enjoy the view of the ocean
- Extra-large island, 4' skylight and an abundance of custom-designed cabinets
- Over-sized dining room accommodates the clients' large furniture
- This 1500 sq.ft. home is built on a lot of only 3500 sq. feet...see the next 4 photos
- Coffered ceiling with dramatic lighting
- Airy, open floor plan
- Custom-designed 7' high windows and extra-large glass doors
- The compact rear yard features dramatic landscaping for privacy
- Unique 2300 sq.ft. rancher with organic timber frame entry and extra wide walkways
- An extra-large covered patio in a dramatic setting
- Over-sized interior rooms were custom-designed with the clients' grand piano in mind
- 2000 sqft rancher designed to meet current sea level rise flood control regulations
- Vaulted ceiling and dormer provides two bedrooms and family room over the garage
- Covered 10' verandas add space to this barrier-free home
- A creative floor plan designed for a narrow lot
- Two level, 2400 sq.ft. custom design on a steep-bank waterfront lot
Your master plan might include a legal suite, a separate cottage/studio or a detached garage with workshop. Garry sees these as opportunities to be creative, without compromising the integrity of your project. He has designed everything from little cottages to 6000 square feet waterfront estates.
Garry’s survey experience allows him to take his own preliminary grades in order that the design of the home will work with all elevations on the lot. This ensures he is maximizing the space allotted while staying within budget.
Garry has worked in all aspects of the construction industry including construction estimating; he knows what the costs of all trades should be and will design within your budget.
Re-sale value is important; Garry has over 30 years of experience selling real estate, thus ensuring that your design will meet the needs of future buyers.
Your home worked well in the past, however now you are ready for change. Village design & drafting can assist you with residential additions and renovations to your existing home. Garry is brilliant at creating modern and fully functional floor plans and exterior aesthetics, as well as ingenious additions to your existing home that will perfectly integrate with your current lifestyle.
- A dramatic timber frame entry welcomes friends & family
- Impressive landscaping heightens the impact of this home's elaborate renovation
- Walls removed and ceilings vaulted for an exciting open concept design
- An older modular home on an exceptionally beautiful waterfront lot needed a complete redesign and an addition
- The same home is now classy and comfortable, befitting of its amazing waterfront location
- A wall of windows and organic landscaping combine to intensify the enjoyment of living next to the ocean
- Creative stair design (with decks) for a 50' property rise
- A re-design and extension of a front entry
Do you have an old shed on your property? Garry can turn it into a functional office space that will double as a guest house at a moment’s notice.
Garry works with you to design a new look that will meet the demands of today’s contemporary living while ensuring added value should you decide to sell in the future.
Garry can prepare a floor plan of your existing building as a basis for bringing your ideas to fruition. He is an expert at maximizing small spaces, extending larger spaces and changing existing spaces altogether.
Whether you want to convert a garage, update your kitchen or add on a whole new room, Garry will make that happen. His meticulous drawings are prepared with enough detail to meet BC Building Code regulations and obtain a building permit. Do it right the first time. Do it with Village design & drafting!
You love to entertain outdoors but your backyard looks more like something out of "Home Mechanics" than "House Beautiful". Perhaps your new home looks great...but now you are ready for that gorgeous garden. Before Garry Bentham develops your landscape design, he meets with you and gets to know you and your needs. Do you have children? Do you love to cook outdoors, or prefer a quiet meditation space, or a vegetable garden?
- integration of landscape design with water feature
Once Garry gets to know you, he will prepare a design proposal taking into consideration everything from privacy requirements to maintenance levels and, of course, the all important budget. When you have determined your budget, he will design your project to stay within those confines. You will have every opportunity to ‘fine tune’ the design before Garry produces the finished drawing.
Village design & drafting services vary depending upon the needs of our clients. For the DIY (do it yourselfer), a custom design is all they need, while some may require a little more assistance. Garry's clients appreciate his flexibility. He can obtain prices from valued contractors and prepare a preliminary construction estimate for you; Garry is also available for onsite consulting during construction.
Garry offers a one hour free consultation to all of his clients in order to determine their landscape needs and budgets. Give Garry a call today to learn how he can work with you to create your dream space.
Due to his broad-based design experience, Garry philosophizes that exterior design should reflect the function of the business within.
- Industrial property design with residential suites over commercial
- A portable coffee kiosk with removable roof for easy transport
- An old 5 acre gravel pit was redesigned as a new concrete manufacturing plant for ABC Concrete
- Renovation design included a new office, washrooms, change rooms & reception area
Building design on commercially zoned land requires careful research of both zoning and certificate of title. Combined, they provide the basis for maximum land use and other site influences.
For the past five years, Garry has participated as a judge for the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board Commercial Building Awards.